Pages

Just so you know

All right. I have ideas. I think about stuff. So here is the spot for stuff I'm thinking about and want to be able to share more broadly and possibly promote. Like I have time for this.

Everything is provisional at this point and subject to change in the future - as far as the blog is concerned. In real life some things will remain unchanged.

Also, our children are not really named Lenny and Linus. We are not that cool.

Feel free to share, rant, disagree, but please remember that I'm an actual person who tries to be respectful. I'd love it if you are and do to.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Mommy Tip Monday: Adjusting to Being Home After a Week At Grandma's


So I thought I'd get some blogging done on Spring Break and that didn't work out very well.  It was not helped at all by the fact that the baby started throwing up Friday afternoon and the big kid was puking all night long Saturday night.  My mom got up with him - I didn't even know what had happened until the next morning - the day we were planning to come home.

And we did come home.  With a bowl next to the big kid for puking.  Which he used a couple of times.  He reports that he has gotten better at throwing up.  He no longer gets it on his clothes.

As soon as we got in the house he collapsed face down in the living room and "hugged the house."  Within 0.6 seconds he was complaining about how bored he was.  We were still unloading the minivan.  Sigh.  This was a pretty low key trip.  One day our big activity was going to the library.  Mostly we just spent time with family.  Still, coming home feels both chaotic and like a let down.  How can we adjust back to "normal" life?

Well this is supposed to be "tips" and I'm supposed to live up to what I advertise or people will be frustrated about following the link to my blog.  (See while I didn't actually manage to write much during the break I did a little more reading about how to blog.)  So here's what I've figured out so far:
  • Do not come home with a stomach bug.  Super annoying.
  • Um.  This is not going well.
  • Food.  Thankfully hubby was here all week and went to the grocery store before coming to get us.  In retrospect I probably should have helped him come up with the list, although he's been doing almost all the grocery shopping lately, so he did a good job.
  • Laundry.  Gonna have to do that.  I managed to get all the dirty laundry into one bag, so at least I know where it is.
  • Bed.  Sleeping in our own.  The best thing about being back home.  Maybe.
  • Expectations.  I feel like we should have talked with Lenny about how things would be when we got home.  But he was puking, so we didn't.
  • Seriously.  Transitions are not good for me.  That's all I've got.
All right.  Probably just about anyone is better at this than me.  What are your best adjusting back tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment