Pages

Just so you know

All right. I have ideas. I think about stuff. So here is the spot for stuff I'm thinking about and want to be able to share more broadly and possibly promote. Like I have time for this.

Everything is provisional at this point and subject to change in the future - as far as the blog is concerned. In real life some things will remain unchanged.

Also, our children are not really named Lenny and Linus. We are not that cool.

Feel free to share, rant, disagree, but please remember that I'm an actual person who tries to be respectful. I'd love it if you are and do to.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

If I had a Food Blog: Mushroom Frittata

Now for something completely different.....



I like to cook.  I often make dishes that are losely based on recipes I've read but unique enough to call my own.   But I don't really measure, so it would be tricky to write recipes.  But I like to take pictures of my cooking because I find food beautiful and I like to remember that my efforts were rewarded with results.  So here is my "recipe" for mushroom frittata - as far as I can remember.

Ingredients:

1 T olive oil
cooking spray
1 medium package mushrooms (Really, I forgot to check the size.  Maybe 12 oz?)
salt and pepper to taste
1 C cooked small shaped pasta (I used whole spelt "ears")
1 C cooked peas
5 eggs
1/2 C cottage cheese
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat olive oil in an oven-proof skillet on medium heat.  Spray the skillet with cooking spray also.  Especially if it's not nonstick.  Add cleaned, sliced mushrooms and a little salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms have released their moisture and most of it has evaporated.  Add pasta and peas.  Stir and cook for a minute or so.  Add eggs beaten with a fork and mixed with cottage cheese.  Cook, stirring gently until the mixture has started to set but is still loose.  Then put the parm cheese on top and put it under the broiler in your oven for a few minutes - until it's set and starts to brown.  It should smell good and look beautiful!

That's all.  You could use pretty much any quick cooking veggie - zucchini would be good.  You could leave out the pasta or use rice or potatoes instead.  You could include onions or sweet peppers or olives.  Whatever.  I picked my add-ons by checking what leftovers were in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! That looks good! I've never had cottage cheese, can't bring myself to try it, but I bet it would be okay cooked in something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't tell it's there once it's cooked. But you could leave it out and add another egg for simplicity.

      Delete